About the Lincoln Theological Institute
The LTI is directed by Prof. Peter Scott and hosts a Postdoctoral Research Associate. Inaugurated in 1997, the Lincoln Theological Institute for the Study of Religion and Society is:
- a national and international centre of expertise in the theological study of religion and society
- a promoter of theological research and study into a variety of ethical, pastoral, social and ecclesial issues
The LTI commissions independent research projects, organizes conferences and seminars and produces reports and other publications on many aspects of the sociology of religion, contemporary Christianity and Church and society.
Its current projects are:
- What next for Individualism?
- Theology, Plurality and Society
- Systematic Theology and Climate Change
- Belonging and Heimat
- Divinity after Empire
Previous projects include:
- Intersex, Identity and Disability
- Big Society--Bigger Nature? [Reconsidering Civil Society]
- Religion and Climate Change
- Future Ethics