New Visibility of Religion
From 2004-2007, four annual symposiums examined the new visibility of religion in European democratic culture. In our first meeting we began a critical examination of this phenomenon from the various perspectives of different European democratic societies. In our second meeting we examined the question of the denial of religious authority in European democratic culture.
Here are further examples of questions participating scholars addressed:
- Are we experiencing just a new visibility or a re-emergence of religion?
- Has the nature of religion undergone a change?
- How do we now evaluate classical theories of secularisation?
- Who benefits from this new visibility?
- What are the cultural means for the production of this new visibility?