When it comes to sins mentioned in the Bible, however, the meaning of the text is usually very simple and straightforward. So the easiest way to know if God is giving you a “No” is to figure out if there is sin involved. If there is anything sinful about your request, obviously God is saying, “No.”
What happens when God says no?
There are lessons to be learned when He says “No”: It teaches us patience. “Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord,” (Psalm 27:14 KJV). We may not be able to handle what we ask for at the time when we ask God for something.
Is God saying yes no or wait?
‘ If the timing is wrong, God says ‘Slow. … ‘ If you are wrong, God says ‘Grow. ‘ But if the request is right and the timing is right and you are right, God says ‘Go.
Does God’s silence mean no?
God may be silent but he is not absent. Matthew 1:23 says, “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”). When you hear God’s silence and feel his absence, trust his presence. … God is with us and God is active even when God is silent.
How do you know if God has chosen you?
FREE E-BOOK: 50 Questions to identify “THE ONE'”
- He makes you love yourself. There is a very real assumption that if you feel comfortable around your partner without make-up than he’s the one. …
- You make each other better. …
- You become part of each other’s life. …
- His actions speak louder than his words.
How do you know he is not the one God has for you?
Here are 5 signs that he may not be the one God has for you:
- His Relationship with God is Not His Top Priority. …
- He Doesn’t Value Marriage. …
- He Has a Wandering Eye. …
- His Friends Are Not Committed Christians. …
- His Actions and Words Don’t Match.
How do you know when God says no or wait?
Bill Hybel once said, “If the request is wrong, God says ‘No. ‘ If the timing is wrong, God says ‘Slow. ‘ If you are wrong, God says ‘Grow. ‘ But if the request is right and the timing is right and you are right, God says ‘Go.
What if God doesn’t answer your prayers?
Takeaway. God always answers prayers even when the answer is no. Sometimes we don’t get what we want because God wants us to be independent. Instead of using God as a crutch he wants to know if we still have faith even when he doesn’t give us what we ask of Him.
How do you know if God wants you in a relationship?
When there is mutual interest, mutual commitment, and a mutual willingness to move the relationship forward at a healthy pace, these are strong indications God does want you with this person. Relationships are a unique place in life where the spiritual and practical combine and are constantly intermingling.
What causes prayers not to be answered?
Selfishness is praying with the wrong motive. God searches the heart of man and He knows why we do what we do. When you pray with the wrong motive, you don’t receive answers to your prayers. For instance praying against someone just because they don’t agree with you is a wrong prayer, which will not be answered.
Why did God stay silent for 400 years?
It is known by some members of the Protestant community as the “400 Silent Years” because it was a span where no new prophets were raised and God revealed nothing new to his people. Many of the deuterocanonical books, accepted as scripture by Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy, were written during this time.
What does Bible say about being quiet?
The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent. Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger. Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.
Why is God not hearing my prayers?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. … He that turneth away his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer [shall be] abomination.
How do you know if God wants you to let someone go?
When God tells you to let go of a relationship
- You have a feeling. Whenever God tells you to let go of someone, he will show you with very subtle signs in the beginning. …
- He disregards your boundaries. Boundaries are very important in a relationship. …
- You don’t enjoy your time together. …
- You constantly feel stressed.
Can I ask God for a sign?
In short, signs are often a confirmation that a person needs to believe. If we ask for a sign, it’s because we have a doubt. But God wants His children to walk by faith (Hebrews 1:38). … God is not against signs, He complied with the request of Gideon and many others.
What are God’s signs?
Here are four common signs that God uses:
- Use of Nature. Time and time again we see God using nature as a way to communicate with his people. …
- Sends someone else. Another common sign that God sends is via a messenger. …
- Dreams. We have to be very careful with this one. …
- Word of God.