Wisdom literature: Job, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes. Psalms: Psalms, Song of Solomon, Lamentations. Prophecy: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi. Apocalyptic literature: Daniel, Revelation.
What are the three literary forms found in the Bible?
- HISTORICAL NARRATIVE. ● Historical narrative is Scripture that gives factual retellings of real events. …
- THE LAW. ● Biblical law is Scripture that outlines God’s commands to His covenant people. …
- POETRY. ● …
- WISDOM LITERATURE. …
- PROPHECY. …
- APOCALYPTIC LITERATURE. …
- THE GOSPELS. …
- THE EPISTLES.
What are 4 literary techniques used in biblical literature?
Below are the different types of literary devices used in Scripture:
- simile. A comparison of two items using a connective such as like, as, etc.; i.e., X is like Y. …
- metaphor. A direct comparison of two items, or X=Y. …
- metonomy. …
- synecdoche. …
- merism. …
- symbolism. …
- idiom. …
What are the 5 types of writing found in the Bible?
Different types of writing in the Bible
What different literary forms are present in the New Testament writings?
Terms in this set (17)
- parable. A form of teaching in the ancient Jewish community used for the purpose of comparison.
- passion narrative. Accounts of Jesus’ trial, crucifixion and Resurrection found in the gospels.
- miracle stories. …
- infancy narratives. …
- call stories. …
- creed. …
- letters. …
- short saying.
What is the literary form of Genesis 1?
The Genesis 1 text uses “high style” and those artistic devices common to Hebrew poetry–especially catachresis, anaphora, and parallelism. … Genesis 2:4-3:23 is a non-poetic text. It is written in prose rather than in poetic lines–no meter. It does not use anaphora and parallelism the same way as that first section.
What are the 14 narrative books of the Bible?
14 Cards in this Set
- Genesis. Early World / Patriarchs.
- Exodus. Egypt / Exodus.
- Numbers. Desert Wanderings.
- Joshua. Conquest / Judges (1)
- Judges. Conquest/Judges (2)
- I Samuel. Royal Kingdom (1)
- II Samuel. Royal Kingdom (2)
- I Kings. Royal Kingdom (3)
What are the 15 literary devices?
15 Literary devices to use in your writing:
What literary device is O Lord?
Imagery: Imagery is used to make readers perceive things involving their five senses. For example, “Make me, O Lord, thy Spining Wheele compleate”, “That I am Cloathd in Holy robes for glory” and “Make me thy Loome then, knit therein this Twine.”
What are the three main themes of the book of Revelation?
- Awe and Amazement.
- Good vs. Evil.
What is the main message in the Bible?
The great biblical themes are about God, his revealed works of creation, provision, judgment, deliverance, his covenant, and his promises. The Bible sees what happens to mankind in the light of God’s nature, righteousness, faithfulness, mercy, and love.
Why is the Bible written in different styles?
– The bible was written in different styles because it functions as a historical records of people group, as ancient law-book, as a collection of poems and songs, as moral lessons as a collection of general life, advice prophecies, revelation and as a spiritual guidebook.
What are the four types of writing in the Old Testament?
Christians traditionally divide the Old Testament into four sections: the first five books or Pentateuch (corresponds to the Jewish Torah); the history books telling the history of the Israelites, from their conquest of Canaan to their defeat and exile in Babylon; the poetic and “Wisdom books” dealing, in various forms …
What is the literary form of Psalms?
Psalms, book of the Old Testament composed of sacred songs, or of sacred poems meant to be sung. … In its present form, the book of Psalms consists of 150 poems divided into five books (1–41, 42–72, 73–89, 90–106, 107–150), the first four of which are marked off by concluding doxologies.
What makes the Bible different from any literary works?
The Bible is utterly unique in that presents the true expression of reality and is a testimony to the redemptive work of God. …