To pray over someone is very specific, and is physically ‘above’ them, or close to it. Someone is, dying or dead and you pray over them. Or a preacher stands and lays his hands on someone who is physically under their hands and prays over them. If you are not located close to them, you are praying for them.
How do you respond when someone prays for you?
“I’ll Pray for You”
- It is a comfort that you will be thinking of me.
- That’s reassuring, thanks.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you, it is nice to know that.
- Thank you for your good wishes.
- (smiling) Please do. I’m flattered. ( Marvin)
- Thanks. I appreciate you are keeping me in your thoughts. ( Dustin)
What do you call someone who prays for you?
A person who prays is called a “precant.”
What does it mean when someone says I’m praying for you?
It means they believe in God and will petition God through prayer to intercede on your behalf. This is commonly done in a situation where they cannot take action themselves to affect the situation.
Do pray for me reply?
If you are someone who prays and feels moved to pray for this person, then say you will. Such as, “I’ll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.” Then really do pray for them. Don’t say you will if you have no intention of doing so.
Can you pray for someone you love?
As a believer, one of the ideal things to do is say a prayer for someone you love to come back. Pray in the morning, at night or whatever time you think of your lover. … In addition, praying for a relationship with a specific person can bring that person to your doorstep. God has a unique way of creating relationships.
What is the 4 types of prayer?
Forms of prayer. The tradition of the Catholic Church highlights four basic elements of Christian prayer: (1) Prayer of Adoration/Blessing, (2) Prayer of Contrition/Repentance, (3) Prayer of Thanksgiving/Gratitude, and (4) Prayer of Supplication/Petition/Intercession.
What do you call a person who pretends to be what he is not?
An imposter is a person who pretends to be someone else. … An imposter usually seeks some kind of financial gain when he or she assumes another person’s identity, but there can be other motivations, like simply the thrill of doing it.
What does it mean to intercede for someone in prayer?
Intercession or intercessory prayer is the act of praying to a deity or to a saint in heaven on behalf of oneself or others.
What to say instead of praying for you?
How to Say ‘I’m Praying for You’ to a Stranger or Acquaintance
- “I hope this doesn’t come off too strong, but I’ve been thinking of you. …
- “I’ve been thinking of you and what you’re going through. …
- “I can’t imagine how that must feel. …
- “I’ve been thinking about your situation.
How do I thank someone for praying for me?
Thank you for your prayers; I am very grateful to be in your thoughts. 03Hey mom, I hope you’re OK. I just want to thank you for your support and prayers regarding Lori’s situation. She is much better now, and I know it’s partly because of your prayers.
What can I say instead of sending thoughts and prayers?
What You Can Say Instead of Sending ‘Thoughts and Prayers’
- I’m here for you. …
- My favorite memory of your loved one is… …
- I am so sad to hear about your loss. …
- They always told me so much about you. …
- I’m only a phone call away. …
- I’m thinking of you today. …
- I am so sorry. …
- We will miss them so much.
How do you say pray for me?
In Britain… if you really mean that you want the person to go to his church/mosque/temple, and get down on his knees and pray for you, you would say “Please pray for me.” (or “Please pray to God for me.”).