To invite; to call in; to request to come. As many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
What does bidden mean?
1. to command; order; direct: to bid them depart. 2. to say as a greeting, wish, etc.: to bid good night. … 5. to offer or declare: to bid defiance. 6. to invite. 7. to command; order; direct: Do as I bid.
What does bidden mean in Old English?
Bidden is a past participle of bid. [old-fashioned] You may also like. English Quiz.
What is another word for bidden?
In this page you can discover 37 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for bidden, like: offerred, called, tendered, wished, invited, conjured, pressed, entreated, besought, warned and summoned.
What does bidden mean in Greek?
Aletheia (Ancient Greek: ἀλήθεια) is truth or disclosure in philosophy.
Is bidden correct?
Word forms: 3rd person singular present tense bids , present participle bidding , past tense bade , past participle bidden language note: American English sometimes uses the form bid for the past tense. If you bid someone farewell, you say goodbye to them. If you bid them goodnight, you say goodnight to them.
Is bidded correct?
‘Bidded’ is considered a nonstandard word, which means it can be used in slang or informal situations, but it should not be used in formal writing….
What is the meaning of bidden in Urdu?
1) bidden. Noun. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something. حکم
What does strewed mean?
transitive verb. 1 : to spread by scattering. 2 : to cover by or as if by scattering something strewing the highways with litter. 3 : to become dispersed over as if scattered. 4 : to spread abroad : disseminate.
How do you use bidden in a sentence?
Bidden Sentence Examples
- Whatever he is authoritatively bidden to do, that the Japanese will do.
- Other distinctive features of J’s narrative are: (I) Moses alone is bidden to interview Pharaoh (vii.
- They were bidden to keep the vision secret till the Son of Man should have risen from the dead.
What does tediousness mean?
adjective. marked by monotony or tedium; long and tiresome: tedious tasks; a tedious journey. wordy so as to cause weariness or boredom, as a speaker, a writer, or the work they produce; prolix.
What does Privily mean?
Definitions of privily. adverb. confidentially or in secret. “told her friend privily that she was planning to be married”
What is the meaning of char?
1 : to convert to charcoal or carbon usually by heat : burn. 2 : to burn slightly or partly : scorch the fire charred the beams. intransitive verb. : to become charred. char.