The miracles of Jesus are proposed miraculous deeds attributed to Jesus in Christian and Islamic texts. The majority are faith healings, exorcisms, resurrection, and control over nature. In the Synoptic Gospels (Mark, Matthew, and Luke), Jesus refuses to give a miraculous sign to prove his authority.
What did Jesus say about doing good?
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
What does the Bible say about good works?
“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10. These are works done, not in our own strength and for our own benefit, but by the grace of God and in obedience to Him – led by the Holy Spirit, to God’s glory.
What did Jesus accomplish for us?
Salvation is accomplished as an act of God’s grace that is received through faith in Jesus Christ. … In His resurrection, He defeated sin’s strangle-hold on us, and now, as forgiven believers in Him, He has granted us the gift of a clear conscience before God.
What are the 7 Miracles of Jesus?
Here are the seven miracles:
- Turning water into wine in Cana (2:1-11)
- Healing an official’s son in Capernaum (4:46-54)
- Healing an invalid at the Pool of Bethesda in Jerusalem (5:1-18)
- Feeding the 5,000 near the Sea of Galilee (6:5-14)
- Walking on the water of the Sea of Galilee (6:16-21)
Do good when it is in your power?
Proverbs 3:27, ESV: “Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.” … Proverbs 3:27, NASB: “Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in your power to do it.”
What does God say good?
Luke 18:19. “’Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. … Only God is good, so only He can declare something else to be good.
Are we saved by good works?
However, that said, having been saved by grace, through faith; we are saved unto good works. … For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them” (Ephesians 2:8-10).
What are the things God has done for us?
7 Awesome Things God Does for You
- Awesome #1 – He is our source of hope. …
- Awesome #2 – He is our rock. …
- Awesome #3 – He is our salvation. …
- Awesome #4 – He is our fortress. …
- Awesome #5 – He is our power. …
- Awesome #6 – He is the source of steadfast love. …
- Awesome #7 – He is the perfect Judge.
Why does the Bible say we are not saved by our works?
Faith Alone. God’s Word says that we are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus and not by our own efforts or works (Ephesians 2:8-9). … Grace alone means that God loves, forgives, and saves us not because of who we are or what we do, but because of the work of Christ.
How did Jesus Eat?
Based on the Bible and historical records, Jesus most likely ate a diet similar to the Mediterranean diet, which includes foods like kale, pine nuts, dates, olive oil, lentils and soups. They also baked fish.
How did Jesus save us?
Jesus saves us from being slaves of sin to being able to live like He made us to live. … Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” Jesus said, “He who believes in Me will never die” (John 11:26).
What commands did Jesus give us?
Thou knowest the commandments: Do not kill, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor thy father and mother. We expect Jesus to recite the entire Decalogue.
What are the 7 plagues in Revelation?
- First Bowl. Loathsome Sores. …
- Second Bowl. The sea turns to blood. …
- Third Bowl. The waters turn to blood. …
- Fourth Bowl. When the fourth bowl is poured out, the sun causes a major heatwave to scorch the planet with fire. …
- Fifth Bowl. …
- Sixth Bowl. …
- Seventh Bowl.
What are the 7 signs?
The seven signs are:
- Changing water into wine at Cana in John 2:1-11 – “the first of the signs”
- Healing the royal official’s son in Capernaum in John 4:46-54.
- Healing the paralytic at Bethesda in John 5:1-15.
- Feeding the 5000 in John 6:5-14.
- Jesus walking on water in John 6:16-24.
What Zodiac is Jesus?
With the story of the birth of Christ coinciding with this date, many Christian symbols for Christ use the astrological symbol for Pisces, the fishes. The figure Christ himself bears many of the temperaments and personality traits of a Pisces, and is thus considered an archetype of the Piscean.