What is the shortest book of the Bible?
The text consists of a single chapter, divided into 21 verses, making it the shortest book in the Hebrew Bible.
Book of Obadiah.
What book in the Bible has the least chapters?
- There are 929 chapters in the Old Testament. …
- There are 260 chapters in the New Testament. …
- This gives a total of 1,189 chapters (on average, 18 per book).
- Psalm 117, the shortest chapter, is also the middle chapter of the Bible, being the 595th Chapter.
- Psalm 119 is the longest chapter of the Bible.
What books are no longer in the Bible?
Contents of The Lost Books of the Bible
- The Protevangelion.
- The Gospel of the Infancy of Jesus Christ.
- The Infancy Gospel of Thomas.
- The Epistles of Jesus Christ and Abgarus King of Edessa.
- The Gospel of Nicodemus (Acts of Pilate)
- The Apostles’ Creed (throughout history)
- The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Laodiceans.
Is Obadiah the shortest book in the Bible?
Obadiah, with only one chapter consisting of 21 verses, is the shortest of all Old Testament books and purports to be a record of “the vision of Obadiah.” Nothing is known of the prophet except for his name, which means “servant of Yahweh.”
What is the last word in the Bible?
The first three words of the bible are “In the beginning…” and the last word in the Bible is “Amen.” The first word is “In” as “In the beginning….” and the last word, very appropriately, is “Amen”. What are the first three words of the Bible? 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
What is the longest word in the Bible?
What Bible book has 31 chapters?
Bible Books & Number Of Chapters
|Book||Number of Chapters|
|Song of Songs||12|
What is the middle word in the Bible?
The word Jehovah occurs 6,855 times. The middle book of the Old Testament is Proverbs. The middle chapter is Job XXIX. The middle verse is 2nd Chronicles, chap.
What are the 73 books in the Bible?
- Pentateuch: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy.
- Historical books: Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Tobit, Judith, Esther, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees.
What are the 7 missing books of the Bible?
A: There are seven books in the Catholic Bible — Baruch, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees, Sirach, Tobit and Wisdom — that are not included in the Protestant version of the Old Testament. These books are referred to as the deuterocanonical books.
Why the Book of Enoch is not in the Bible?
I Enoch was at first accepted in the Christian Church but later excluded from the biblical canon. Its survival is due to the fascination of marginal and heretical Christian groups, such as the Manichaeans, with its syncretic blending of Iranian, Greek, Chaldean, and Egyptian elements.
Did King James remove books from the Bible?
1534) and Trent (8 April 1546) respectively, early Protestant editions of the Bible (notably the Luther Bible in German and 1611 King James Version in English) did not omit these books, but placed them in a separate Apocrypha section in between the Old and New Testaments to indicate their status.
Who was Obadiah’s wife?
According to 1 Kings 18:4, Obadiah hid a hundred prophets of God in two caves, fifty in each, to protect them from Jezebel, Ahab’s wife.
Who wrote majority of the Bible?
As I understand it, Luke is the writer responsible for the largest part of the New Testament. This is if we go by word count, i.e. “by volume.” I think that’s more accurate than by book, chapter, or verse, as these can vary greatly in length.
What is the shortest book in the New Testament KJV?
The Epistle of Jude is the sixty-fifth book in the Christian Bible, and the twenty-sixth in the New Testament. It is one of the shortest books in the Bible, at only 25 verses long.