How do you cite the Holy Bible app?
List The Bible as the title and use the translation as the version (MLA Style Center). The name of the bible app should follow in italics, then the version (if available), and app publication information. Format: Title.
How do you cite a mobile app in APA?
Author Last Name, First Initial OR *Rights holder. (Year Published). App Title (version #) [Mobile application software]. Retrieved from URL.
Do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. When citing the Bible the in-text citation should follow the order of the template as shown here: Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
How do you cite the Holy Bible?
When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor. 13:4, 15:12-19.
What does NIV mean?
One of the Bible’s most popular translations is the NIV (New International Versions) and newer versions, like the ESV (English Standard Version) also sell remarkably well.
How do you reference the Bible in APA 7th edition?
Citing the Bible
- When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. …
- Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse. …
- Please see the sample student paper or sample graduate paper for a detailed discussion of citing the Bible.
How do you reference a mobile app?
Title of app (version number). [Mobile app]. [Date accessed]. Relevant details for the application should be available from the app store where it was purchased, eg iTunes App Store.
How do you do APA format?
Throughout your paper, you need to apply the following APA format guidelines:
- Set page margins to 1 inch on all sides.
- Double-space all text, including headings.
- Indent the first line of every paragraph 0.5 inches.
- Use an accessible font (e.g., Times New Roman 12pt., Arial 11pt., or Georgia 11pt.).
How do you cite Medscape?
To reference a MedGenMed article, following the www.icmje.org and www.PubMed.gov system, list the author or authors…the title of the article…the journal’s name…the year of publication…the month and date….the volume…the number…and the pages. An illustrative example is referenced below.
Do you have to cite the Bible in APA?
Do I need to include the Bible in my reference list in APA Style? Yes, in the 7th edition of APA Style, versions of the Bible are treated much like other books; you should include the edition you used in your reference list. … Page numbers are not used in Bible citations.
How do you cite the Bible in MHRA?
This is how to cite books of The Bible:
- Footnote format: Title. Version (Chapter. Verse).
- Footnote examples: The Bible. New International Version (Isaiah 22. 17).
- Bibliography examples:
How do you cite a religious text in APA?
In APA referencing, you cite holy texts by giving the title of the version used and the date of publication (plus the date of original publication where relevant): The Bible (King James Bible, 1769/2017) contains many unusual stories.
How do you cite the King James Bible?
In either the sentence or the citation, include the book, chapter, verse(s), and translation with the first mention. Use the standard abbreviations for the books, and place the citation at the end of the sentence. For example: Jesus said, “Quote” (John 8:31–32 KJV).
What does Bible reference mean?
a Bible in which brief explanations, and references to parallel passages, are printed in the margin of the text. See also: Reference.
How do you quote Bible verses in a blog?
2. Tips to Help You Cite the Specific Translation Clearly. Use a comma after the reference, followed by the version abbreviation in capitals, to indicate the specific version you quote: John 3:16, KJV. (For a list of Bible versions and appropriate abbreviations, see Bible Gateway.)