Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch or weep tonight, and give Your angels charge over those who sleep. Tend Your sick ones, O Lord Jesus Christ; rest Your weary ones; bless Your dying ones; soothe Your suffering ones; pity Your afflicted ones; shield Your joyous ones; and all for Your love’s sake. Amen.
What is a good prayer to say before bed?
Dear God, as I lay me down to sleep, relax the tension of my body; calm the restlessness of my mind; still the thoughts which worry and perplex me. Help me to rest myself and all my problems in your strong and loving arms.
How do you pray the Catholic night prayer?
I pray that, as I sleep you would restore my strength and empower me for a new day tomorrow. Lord, bless me and keep me, make your face shine upon me. Turn your face towards me and give me peace. In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, Amen.
What are the 3 main Catholic prayers?
- Sign of the Cross.
- Our Father.
- Hail Mary.
- Glory Be.
- Apostles Creed.
- Nicene Creed.
- Guardian Angel Prayer.
- Prayer to St. Michael. the Archangel.
What time is night prayer Catholic?
Vespers or Evening Prayer (“at the lighting of the lamps”, about 6 p.m.) Compline or Night Prayer (before retiring, about 7 p.m.)
Is it OK to pray while lying in bed?
Originally Answered: Is it bad to Pray while laying on the bed? There no bad way to pray. You can pray lying down, standing up, sitting , even, crouching are good.
What happens if you wake up at 3am?
If you wake up at 3 a.m. or another time and can’t fall right back asleep, it may be for several reasons. These include lighter sleep cycles, stress, or underlying health conditions. Your 3 a.m. awakenings may occur infrequently and be nothing serious, but regular nights like this could be a sign of insomnia.
How do you pray?
Learn How to Pray in These 4 Easy Steps
- Prayer Has Four Simple Steps.
- Step 1: Address Heavenly Father.
- Step 2: Thank Heavenly Father.
- Step 3: Ask Heavenly Father.
- Step 4: Close in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Praying in a Group.
- Pray Always, With Sincerity and With Faith in Christ.
- Prayers Will Always Be Answered.
How do you say the rosary?
- On the crucifix, make the sign of the cross and then pray the Apostles’ Creed. …
- On the next large bead, say the Our Father. …
- On the following three small beads, pray three Hail Marys. …
- On the chain, pray the Glory Be. …
- On the large bead, meditate on the first mystery and pray the Our Father.
What are the 3 basic prayers?
- Sign of the Cross. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. …
- Our Father. Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. …
- Hail Mary. …
- Glory Be. …
- Apostles’ Creed. …
- Memorare. …
- Prayer Before Meals. …
- Prayer to Our Guardian Angel.
Why do we say 10 Hail Marys in the rosary?
Originally Answered: Why do we say 10 Hail Marys in the rosary? Originally, the rosary “psalter of Mary” consisted of 15 decades of 10 Hail Mary’s each (150 total) as a way for lay faithful to imitate the monastic recitation of the 150 Psalms. Monks memorized all 150 Psalms and would recite them together.
What is the most famous prayer?
The most common prayer among Christians is the “Lord’s Prayer”, which according to the gospel accounts (e.g. Matthew 6:9-13) is how Jesus taught his disciples to pray.
Why do we pray at 3am?
This is the period to pray for God’s provision to be released (Luke 11:5-13; Acts 16:3). It is also time for miracles and for applying the Blood of Jesus. Often, we are awakened during this time with dreams God has given to us. God uses dreams and visions to bring instruction and counsel to us as we sleep.
How long does Catholic vespers last?
Like the other hours, therefore, Vespers is divided into two parts; the psalmody, or singing of the psalms, forming the first part, and the capitulum and formulæ the second. Vesper time varied according to the season between the tenth hour (4 p.m.) and the twelfth (6 p.m.).
Which time is good for prayer?
Why First Thing in the Morning is the Best Time for Prayer.